The error in the Exchange backup report is as follows:
The writer vetoed the shadow copy creation process during the backup preparation state. (VSS_WS_FAILED_AT_PREPARE_BACKUP)
This problem is external to the backup software service, but here are several suggestions to attempt to resolve.
- Run "vssadmin list writers" to find which writer is having issues. See this MS kb article
- Restart the "Volume Shadow Copy" service via services.msc
- Restart the "SQL Server VSS Writer" service via services.msc
- Check the Windows event viewer for more details
- Re-register backup software with the VSS service by running "C:\Program Files\backup software Advanced\bin\RegisterVSS.bat"
- Reboot the server to clear.
- Verify "Circular Logging" is disabled on Exchange