For customers with large data sets (over 50G), it may be unreasonable to backup the intial files over the internet. You can send us an external USB that you would backup your files to the drive using the "Seed Load" function, then ship it to us.
To perform a seed load:
- Connect the USB drive to the server you would like to begin backing up and make sure the server recognizes it.
- DO NOT create any directories/folders on the drive. backup software will auto-create the correct directory structure.
- Create your new backup set that includes the desired backup source files/folders.
Very Important: Once the backup set is created, click the backup schedule, and uncheck the 'run scheduled backup on this computer'. After the seed is loaded completely on our end, you can recheck the 'run scheduled backup on this computer'.
- After the backup set is created, click OK, then Save Settings.
- DO NOT MODIFY THE BACKUP SET ANY FURTHER.
- In the main client window click 'Backup'.
- Click 'Options', and then 'Local Hard Disk (Seed Load Utility)'.
- Click 'Change' and navigate to the external disk.
- Click OK, and then OK to start the backup.
Once a seed load is complete please ship the drive to;
711 Highland Street N
St. Petersburg, FL 33701