If other backups are running successfully, but your Exchange mail/brick level backups are missing (as shown in the email status report), please try one or all of the following:
- Set the "Online Backup Scheduler" service to "run as" a Domain Administrator. The current system user may not have permissions to access the mail boxes. To accomplish this:
- Start -> Run -> type "services.msc" -> Enter
- Choose "Online Backup Scheduler" from the list -> right click -> Advancedperties.
- Click the "Log On" tab
- Choose "This account" radio button
- Browse and select the Domain Administrator account, then enter the password
- Restart the "Online Backup Scheduler" service.
- If the above does not fix the issue, there are probably other permission related issues. From the Exchange Powershell, run the commmand below. Replace "domain" with the name of your Windows domain, and replace "administrator" with the name of the user you set in the previos bullet (it could very well be "administrator")
get-mailbox | Add-MailboxPermission -AccessRights FullAccess -user domain\administrator
Other helpful links: