Backing up individual emails (mail-level):
- Download and install the backup software application on the Microsoft Exchange 2010 server
- Download and install Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 (ExchangeMAPICdo.exe)
- Start the backup software application in 32bit mode, by executing the RunOBC32.bat found at: \Program FIles\backup software Advanced\bin\RunOBC32.bat
- Create a new backup set by selecting [Backup Setting] > [+] > [MS Exchange Mail Level Backup]. See this FAQ if needed: Exchange mail boxes not showing up in selection list
- Follow the instructions of the backup set wizard to complete the configuration of the new mail level backup set.
- Perform the mail-level backup immediately by selecting [Backup] -> choose backup set -> click the "Options" button and choose "Full" for the In-File Delta Type -> OK
- After the inital backup is complete, the scheduler will take it from there. If the schedule does not kick off and you receive a "backup missed" status report, please view the follow FAQ.
Notes: Since Microsoft Exchange Messaging Application Program Interface (MAPI) is only available in 32bit, it is not possible to run both 32bit and 64bit modules within a single process.